Over the years I have come to realize that life is truly a gift and we are given but a short time here on earth to enjoy that gift. What we do with that gift depends on each individual and how they perceive that gift. I view this gift as a gift from God so my choices in life tend to revolve around biblical teachings which are focused on family, faith, and community.
This past year I felt God gave me a choice to stay on the same career path I was on or go back to school to follow a new career path that would focus more on helping others. By me writing this blog, you are made aware that I chose to resign from my job and go back to school. My schooling will prepare me for a career in Christian Counseling. I feel this career will allow me to utilize the gifts and talents the Lord has given me.
I can also look back on my life, especially the last 8 years, and see that God has chiseled away at my selfish nature. He has given me the gift of insight that family is the most important thing to nurture and care for. There is no greater gift than the Lord allowing us to love our family as he loves us.
I plan to continue to use my gifts and talents within my church, community, and family and in any other areas they may be useful. I want to make the Lord proud and not waste the gifts and talents, as we are all called to use them to further extend his kingdom. By recognizing our gifts and talents and putting them to use, it shows respect to our creator.
"By recognizing our gifts and talents and putting them to use, it shows respect to our creator. " Bingo. I couldn't have said it any better:) Thanks!
ReplyDelete