I was once a man who was walking aimlessly through the darkness of life but am now a man that has found the light to guide my paths through life's journeys. I contribute this change to the greatest influence in my education of life to none other than the God of the Holy Bible. God has been teaching me through the fellowship of other Christians, scripture, and prayer.
His influence has radically changed my life by giving me a new heart and eyes to see what is truly important in this life. A new life that now has meaning and a sense of purpose. A life that now looks on individuals through God's eyes, which include goodness, equality, love, and compassion. My life views family, friends, and spirituality as the most important fundamentals for this life's journey.
As I look back at my previous way of life, I see that it was filled with self absorption, pain, anger, frustration, uncertainty, darkness, and loneliness. Now that God has allowed me to see, understand, and incorporate his teachings in my life, it has brought many different feelings to the realm of my life. It has brought clear paths, a yearning for life, a desire to help others in need, and a desire to show all people I come in contact with God's love, compassion, and kindness.
I owe God a great deal of gratitude for leading me down a path that has brought my family and I a great deal of happiness and joy.
"It also showed that Blyth trusted him to make the right decisions with his son." After reading through your responses, I could tell you were impacted by this film in a variety of ways. You also understood some of the deeper issues that threaded throughout, such as the one with Blyth that you mentioned above in the quote I pasted from your responses. I wonder just how many parents take the time to ponder whether or not they trust their children's teachers to do the best by their children. Sometimes it just takes one teacher to either light the spark of intrinsic motivation to learn, or to altogether snuff it out. I pray there are more torch bearers out there:)
ReplyDeleteWhoops.... this was the comment I wanted to post under your Emperor's Club reflection. Anyway, I am pleased and edified by the fact that you chose the past that you did, and were introspective and open-hearted enough to truly listen to the real GPS -- God's Positioning System -- in your life. I need to truly, honestly review the map of my life and simply listen more often to the silence. Thomas Keating said that silence was God's first language; everything else is just a poor translation.
ReplyDelete